Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Medicare Site Updates

In searching for additional RSS feeds that I could access and use for my students, I found one that provides updates on Medicare information: http://www.medicare.gov/rss/medicaresiteupdates_feed.xml

Teaching future therapists can become more challenging if I ever leave the field of practice to teach full-time.  This particular feed can help me stay abreast of current information and regulations that could affect one's practice.  The Medicare rules and guidelines change every year and having a viable resource is important.  And, even though I also currently practice in the field, I am not working in every field of practice.  This resource can provide additional up to date information that is vital to keeping myself and students current with the regulations and concerns for practice (in the field of occupational therapy).  The information accessible on this feed can also prove helpful to the patients and families that I service.  I particularly liked the Medicare.gov Data Updates link found within the RSS feed. It allowed me to view government information and ratings for all sorts of health care services including hospitals and nursing homes.  Searching out and finding new RSS feeds is a very helpful exercise. 

Reference

Medicare.govSiteUpdates Retrieved November 13, 2010 from http://www.medicare.gov/rss/medicaresiteupdates_feed.xml


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finding this helpful site. While I'm not of Medicare age yet, I like to keep abreast of new information for my in-laws, who are in their 80's and do not have access to a computer.

    ReplyDelete