Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Help For the Paraplegic!

I found a RSS feed that links articles related to Physics to one source: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/headlines/science/physics.rss.  From it, I found an interesting article about new medical technology developments to help paraplegic patients exercise at:  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101122102802.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News%29.  This is exciting news for my students who may treat paraplegic patients.  If nerve endings can be stimulated at or below the area of spinal injury, then hope for additional functioning is now possible (even though they will continue to research it for a year).  Engineers and scientists are even looking to see how they use the technology to improve bowel and bladder function as well as reduce spasms.  Having these feeds linked to my blog and/or netvibes - makes it easy for me to keep up to date with changing medical trends and help my students with up-to-date information.

No comments:

Post a Comment