Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

How Stuff Works

This week I found a great RSS feed called "How Stuff Works" at:  http://people.howstuffworks.com/rss-feeds.htm.  I found it when I was looking for information on augmented reality (something we will be learning about in the next few weeks).  The article I reviewed was located at:  http://www.howstuffworks.com/augmented-reality.htm and was entitled:  How Augmented Reality Will Work.  To be honest, I wasn't sure what augmented reality was.  I was fascinated to learn that I have already started using it in my recently purchased DROID phone.  When my husband and I were out driving the other day, I accessed an application in my phone called "yp".  It gave me options of businesses to locate near my present location including restaurants and stores (to name a few).  It even provided me with ratings (# of stars) of each business.  I was even able to view information about different musicals or other events (including dates, locations, etc...) happening in my area - all through the same application!  In need of something different to do - there really is no excuse with this app!  The article provides information on augmented reality in personal use, professional industries, as well as in teaching. 

This RSS feed is great, addressing areas like:  animals, health, home and garden, science and technology.  Besides being an RSS feed, it also has feeds for video, podcasts, blogs, quizzes and games.  If you are like me - you won't be able to resist but plug in some special topic and see what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment