Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I love Astronomy

This week I found a RSS feed that helped to satisfy a personal passion of mine - astronomy.  It is a blog much like this one located at: http://telescopereflections.blogspot.com/  Even though a number of the blogs are dated from 2009, the creator has provided links to all sorts of other wonderful places to the right of the blog.  For example - Astronomy.com - News as well as Sky and Telescope.com's Most Recent Observing Stories which includes an updated reference for 'this week's sky at a glance'.  There is also a link to an updated monthly audio sky tour.  The fact that all of these leads are automatically linked to this one feed makes it a gold mine to me.  And, although it may appear that this lead has little to teaching Kinesiology, it does have a place in the field of occupational therapy.  Part of occupational therapy is in helping patients to regain their abilities to participate and be independent in the activities in their life that have meaning to them.  This therapy may require the therapist to analyze and adapt just about any life skill including hobbies such as star gazing.  This RSS resource would become even more useful to me as I progress on to teach other courses in the occupational therapy program.  In the mean time - I will enjoy regularly checking it for updates. 

References

Telescope Reflections.  (2009, August 13).  Retrieved November 13, 2010 from
http://telescopereflections.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I have a student right now who is very interested in Astronomy. His prize possession is a telescope. But, he is also very interested in the health/medical field. I like how you could make a connection to both fields. I will share this with him.

    ReplyDelete