Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

New RSS feed: English and Grammar

I recently located an interesting RSS feed, a blog on English and Grammar.  http://grammarrule.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/?alt=rss  The author provides interesting little tidbits to enlighten and enrich me, and hopefully improve the way I communicate.  I look at it as my 'thought for the day'.  Her insights remind me of dear learned friend who years ago informed me (ever so gently) that irregardless was not a word.  "It sounds impressive," she would guide me, "because of it's size."  She then informed me that 'regardless' was the only correct term to use. 

Thanks to Kimberly's blog (English and Grammar), I now realize that 'alot' is not a word (as my spell check just pointed out to me).  The correct term is: a lot.  Kimberly also gently pointed out that an easier way to remember it is to realize that 'alittle' isn't a word - so why would we say 'alot'?  (









No comments:

Post a Comment