Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Top Ten New Technology Gadgets

I found a fun, yet educational article - slide show that showcased 10 top new technology gadgets at: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=2010-gadget-guide-sciam.  What I loved about this article was that the products were not outrageously priced.  They even had a device that helped improve literacy (a type of talking book) for only $10.  What fun options to think of not only for students, but for holiday gift giving as well!  I was really impressed with the camera lenses for smart phones.  Since I work in the field that I also teach in - I don't always have the needed equipment that I might use to video tape a treatment session that might be used in a class later.  Using my smart phone to video tape or take pictures of things is easy though.  Having extra lenses for closer or better photo images is a great idea. They have pedometers that look cool for kids that record there miles online and award points for rewards.  There is even a phone 'alarm' fob that attaches to your keys.  It syncs with bluetooth and it helps locate your phone for you (trusting you can find your keys).  It also allows you to answer calls or place emergency calls through the device even though your phone may be in another location.

No comments:

Post a Comment