Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Educational Podcasts

The Educational Podcast Network offers a series of podcasts for a myriad of topics and subjects.  At: http://www.epnweb.org/index.php?request_id=734&openpod=9#anchor9 I found podcasts related to anatomy which I might be able to use with some of my students.  I really enjoyed the statement, "We are a multicast society of speakers and listeners, listeners and speakers, teaching and learning in a life and time of change."  These podcasts were created to help doctors, nurses, students and anyone who had an interest in learning more about anatomy.  The link also provides numerous resources for just about every subject and topic imaginable.  By listening to podcast number 22 on respiration and the diaphragm, I learned about muscles that aid in inspiration and expiration that are not mentioned in the text that my students are currently using.  Over the next few months, I will be reviewing this information to see how I might choose to use it.  I am tempted to potentially use the podcast for a number of students to review and discuss for the rest of the class to learn from.  I also couldn't help but look at other topic offerings noted on the left of the screen.  The categories are easily found for various grades and topics.  As I create things - I may look at posting things in this network for others to find and use.  It has truly been helpful and educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment